Folllow Me on Twitter

Friday, November 16, 2018

Top 25 Albums of 2018

I know I've been quiet since due to helping out with my family and doing other reviews for Echoes and Dust and The Progressive Aspect. The others I've done reviews was back in 2012 for Progplanet and Progsphere where I did a live review of Rush's Clockwork Angels tour when they came to Toyota Center.

Now does that say I'm giving up on my blogsite? Absolutely not! It's still going to be there and it will be there for another 10 years. But I needed to branch out and see where the doors will lead to me. Now as we are getting close to Thanksgiving and 38 days til Christmas.

So this is an opportunity for me, to go ahead and deliver my Top 25 Albums of 2018 early this year so that you could or might add this to your Christmas or Hanukkah wish list.

So here it is:

1. Alec K. Redfearn & The Eyesores – The Opposite (Cuneiform)
2. Ring Van Mobius – Past the Evening Sun (Apollon Records)
3. Phideaux – Infernal (Bloodfish Media)
4. Yuka & Chronoship – Ship (Cherry Red)
5. The Fierce and the Dead – The Euphoric (Bad Elephant Music)
6. Sanguine Hum – Now We Have Power (Bad Elephant Music)
7. VAK – Budo (Soleil Zeuhl)
8. Voivod – The Wake (Century Media)
9. Dee Snider – For the Love of Metal (Nuclear Blast)
10. WorldService Project – Serve (RareNoise Records)
11. Mark Wingfield – Tales from the Dreaming City (MoonJune Records)
12. Soft Machine – Hidden Details (MoonJune Records)
13. Kit Downes – Obsidian (ECM)
14. Argos – Unidentified Flying Objects (Bad Elephant Music)
15. Homunculus Res – Della Stessa Sostanza Dei Sogni (Fading Records)
16. Sonar with David Torn – Vortex (RareNoise Records)
17. King Crimson – Meltdown (Pangyeric/DGM/Inner Knot)
18. The Pineapple Thief – Dissolution (Kscope)
19. Gazpacho – Soyuz (Kscope)
20. Elephant9 – Greatest Show on Earth (Rune Grammofon)
21. Gleb Kolyadin – Gleb Kolyadin (Kscope)
22. Kevin Kastning & Balazs Major – Kismaros (Greydisc)
23. David Cross & David Jackson – Another Day (Cherry Red)
24. Vantomme – Vegir (MoonJune Records)
25. Dialeto – Live with David Cross (Chromatic Music)

No comments: